ISO have announced that the new ISO 14001:2015 standard has been released.
Over 300k ISO 14001 certificates are renewed annually. It is extremely important that you as a company understand the changes to the revised standard.
The standard has given particular attention to the following areas, and has revised several clauses of the 2005 standard, they are as follows:
- Leadership The standard will require a greater contribution from the Leadership team of an organisation.
- Strategy Although an environmental standard, 14001:2015 will require more alignment with the organisation’s EMS (Environmental Management System) and its overall strategic direction.
- Protection To reflect the current Environmental Situation, the standard places a greater emphasis on Environmental Protection and how the organisation is proactively encouraging this.
- Communication The standard requires even greater communication, and this will be reflected in the organisations “Communication Strategy”.
- Life Cycles The standard requires particular attention to the Life Cycle of the product or service offered by the organisation.
The release of the ISO 14001:2015 now allows us at IMSM to progress with its Upgrade Programme. We have a dedicated team handling the upgrade based at our Head Office.
If you have any questions regarding the upgrade, please contact TechnicalDepartment@imsm.com