Today’s online world is ever growing and advancing, and if your business isn’t up to speed, it’s going to be left behind. ISO 20000 is a service management system (SMS) that will help you deliver consistent, quality and cost-effective IT services.
ISO 20000 will give your business an integrated process approach to effectively deliver services that meet client and customer requirements. It specifies requirements, including design, transition, delivery and improvement of services, for your business to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve your SMS.
To find out how to move your business forward with ISO 20000 certification, contact IMSM today.
Deliver the Best Possible Service to Your Customers
ISO 20000 aligns your IT service management with an overall business strategy. It takes a comprehensive approach to IT service management and defines four key service management processes (and 13 IT processes) needed to deliver an effective service:
- Service Delivery Processes (IT processes: service level management, services continuity and availability management, capacity management, service reporting, information security management, budgeting and accounting for services)
- Relationship Processes (IT processes: business relationship management, supplier management)
- Resolution Processes (incident and services request management, problem management)
- Control Processes (configuration management, change management, release and deployment management)
To be certified, your business must demonstrate it implements all of the above processes included in ISO 20000, and it is this type of integration that provides ongoing control, greater efficiency and opportunities for continual improvement. These service management processes will also help your business:
- Deliver the best possible service to meet your customer’s expectations
- Provide guideline objectives and controls to enable your company to deliver managed services
- Turn IT departments into service-focused departments
- Ensure IT services are aligned with overall business needs
- Improve system reliability and availability
- Measure IT service quality
To explore how IMSM can guide you through the entire certification process, visit Making ISO Simple today.
Demonstrate that Your Business Meets IT Services Best Practice
ISO 200001 establishes a distinction between the best practices of processes independent of how big or small your company is or how it’s structured. Globally, companies of all sizes have realized that certification is proof that best practices are in place. ISO 20000 provides your business with a proven ability to audit implementation to ensure continual improvement as well as help understand and conduct risk assessments.
ISO 20000 will also bring your business a host of benefits that include:
- Reduced risk, cut costs and generate higher profit
- Aligned IT services with business strategies
- Improved efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT services
- Focused and consistent documentation processes
- Increased managerial control and responsibilities, and ownership
- Measured and evaluated performance, processes and practices
- Structured opportunities for continual improvement
- Improved understanding between IT and your customers
- Enhanced reputation and perception
Furthermore, ISO 20000 will help you set up optimized IT service management systems, enhance and strengthen IT management and control, and ensure your business complies with the high demands of IT governance.
Achieving ISO 20000 certification demonstrates that your company is committed to delivering quality systems through an internationally recognized process. To optimize your IT infrastructure, contact IMSM today.