The environment is a hot topic today. People are looking for ways to reduce damage such as turning off the water when brushing their teeth, cloth diapers, recycling, solar panels and more. Customers are also deciding what products to buy and companies to support based on their commitment to the impact on the environment. This is the reason that many businesses are becoming increasingly aware of the need for environmental management, responsible behavior, and sustainable growth and development.
ISO 14001 is an international standard that allows your company to set up a fully integrated and proactive Environmental Management System (EMS) that will help your company reduce its carbon footprint and reduce costs.
Demonstrate Your Company’s Commitment to the Environment
ISO 14001 is the most recognized framework for environmental management systems that will help your business better manage the impact of your activities on the environment and show sound environmental management. It is ideal for any company that wants to improve resource efficiency, reduce waste and drive down costs, including:
- Single site to large multi-national companies
- High-risk to low-risk service businesses
- Manufacturing, process and service industries
- All industry sectors in both the public and private sectors
- Original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers
The standard can also help prove to management, employees, external stakeholders, clients and customers that your business is measuring and improving environmental impact. Plus, it can be integrated with other management functions and help your business meet its environmental and economic goals.
To learn more about what ISO 14001 certification will do for your company, contact IMSM today.
ISO 14001 was developed to give companies a framework for better management control that can result in reducing their environmental impacts. By adopting this ISO standard, your company will benefit in a number of ways:
- Reduction in waste and consumption of resources and operating costs
- Competitive advantage over companies who do not adopt the standard
- Improve public perception of your business
- Demonstrate an innovative and forward-thinking approach to customers and clients
- Increase access to new customers and business partners
- Provide credentials to satisfy growing market demand
- Lower costs by reducing your tax, energy and insurance bills
- Reduce trade barriers
- Allocate time and resources more effectively and increase overall efficiency
- Put the environment at the center of corporate culture
- Lower your environmental liability, consistently adhere to regulation by improving environmental policies and objectives
- Keep up to date with the company’s environmental impact
- Add value and support to those in your company’s supply chain that you support them in their own environmental policies
ISO 14001 applies the process model “Plan-DO-Check-Act (PDCA). To explore how IMSM can guide you through the PDCA model and certification process, visit Making ISO Simple today.
What’s In It For Your Business
ISO 14001 can be used to better manage your company’s relationship with the environment. Most important, it can help your business avoid risks such as prosecution as a result of environmental breaches, loss of customers and investors due to a damaged reputation from poor environmental performance, rising operating costs, interruption to operations as a result of breaches and more.
Achieving ISO 14001 certification demonstrates that your company is committed to reducing its negative impact on the environment. For a no-obligation consultation, contact IMSM today.