Aerospace is a high-risk sector so it’s no wonder that regulatory control is needed to make sure the services offered are safe. AS9100 is a quality management standard designed to specifically cover the entire Aerospace industry. It can be used by organizations across the sector, including design, manufacturing, maintenance and distributing companies. If you attain AS9100 certification, your company will have effective quality and risk-management systems, and can secure a solid industry reputation.
Show Your Company’s Dedication to Offering the Best Product, Process and Service
AS9100 provides the international consistency and addresses the specific regulatory, safety and reliability requirements that the aerospace industry demands. With AS9100 certification, your company can ensure safety, reliability and compliance in the high-risk aerospace industry. That’s because AS9100 has requirements regarding regulatory compliance that include:
- Configuration management
- Design phase, verification, validation and testing processes
- Approval and review of subcontractor performance
- Verification of purchased product
- Product identification throughout the life cycle, and documentation
- Control of production process changes and equipment, tools and numerical control machine programs
- Control of work performed outside of the supplier’s facilities
- Special processes
- Inspection and testing procedures
- Methods, resources and recording
- Corrective action
- Expansion of the internal audit requirements in IS 9001:2008
- First article inspection
- Servicing – collecting and analyzing data and delivery, investigation, and reporting and control of technical documentation
- Review of non-conforming product
And the host of benefits can help transform your business.
To learn more about what AS9100 certification will do for your company, contact IMSM today.
Tell Customers Your Business Values Their Safety and Satisfaction
The aerospace industry mandates optimum product, process and service quality. So AS9100 is based on key aspects, including airworthiness, safety, and product conformity and reliability. The standard applies to any organization across the aerospace industry, working from design and manufacture to maintenance and stock list distributions. But here’s what AS9100 will bring to your business:
- Motivate staff by defining their key roles and responsibilities
- Cost savings through improved efficiency and productivity
- Development of improvements leading to less waste, inappropriate or rejected work and fewer complaints
- Consistent order fulfillment to correct specifications
- Increased opportunities
- Standardized processes and procedures
- Inclusion on the Online Aerospace Supplier information System database
- License to trade
- International growth and sales
- Saves time
- Risk management
- Brand reputation and customer perception
- Reduced waste
- A competitive edge
Today is the day to show your customers that you’re committed to quality and a willingness to work towards improving efficiency, addressing additional safety, reliability and quality concerns.
To explore how IMSM can guide you through the certification process, visit Making ISO Simple today.
AS9100 can improve your entire operating system. Implementation can start today and IMSM can help guide your business through the following:
- Identify the AS9100 requirements and how they apply to your business
- Establish quality objectives and determine how they fit into the operating system
- Produce a quality policy outlining the requirements and how they’re satisfied
- Communicate them throughout the company
- Evaluation the quality policy to ensure your business meets the requirements
- Identify the boundaries of the management system and create documented procedures as required
- Undertake internal audits to ensure continual improvement
Achieving AS9100 certification demonstrates that your company is committed to safety and security. For a no-obligation consultation, contact IMSM today.