ISO 27001 is the international best practice standard for information security, it is a certifiable standard, which is broad-based and encompasses the three essential aspects of a comprehensive information security regime: people, processes and technology. By implementing these measures to protect information, the company is able to defend itself from not only technology-based risks, but other, more common threats, such as poorly informed staff or ineffective procedures.
Data is one of the most valuable assets any business has today. Our dependence on information systems and services means organizations are more vulnerable to security threats than ever before.
What are the key benefits of ISO 27001 certification?
- Improves and maintains competitive edge.
- Win more business particularly where procurement specifications require higher IT security credentials.
- Compliance with legal, statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Provide assurance to stakeholders, such as clients and shareholders.
- Business continuity is assured through management of risk, security issues and concerns.
ISO 27001 helps organizations to treat data security seriously, putting in systems and processes to guard against the risk of security breaches or misuse of data. It works with your business and the kind of data it holds, whether that is bank account details, staff records, passwords, or client confidential information.
Start protecting your assets today with ISO 27001, contact us for further information.