How internal auditor training drives growth and successMay 2nd, 2023 By Amywright
Internal auditors play a critical role in both the continued ISO certification and the overall success of any business. They ensure a company’s quality management system consistently meets the requirements of the desired ISO standard. The competency of an internal audit also determines the outcome of an external audit, as it ensures all the necessary documentation and processes are in place. This article will detail the importance of internal auditor training, and why it is so essential to business success.
Why is internal auditor training necessary?
Internal auditors are responsible for bringing all business sectors together, aligning all employees, and realising collective goals. They are, therefore, an essential component in driving business success and growth, and a vital part of achieving and maintaining ISO certification.
Any organisation can qualify for ISO certification by adhering to the requirements of ISO standards. Suppose your company already holds ISO certification in a particular standard. In that case, internal auditors will be able to perform internal maintenance audits that keep you in compliance and ready to renew your ISO certification.
Internal auditor training helps auditors understand the auditing principles, regulations, and guidelines needed to conduct internal audits of an ISO management system. This allows auditees to ensure that compliance issues are adequately dealt with and that you continually adhere to the given standard’s requirements.
Internal auditing can unite organisations to operate collectively, sharing a vision and achieving mutual goals. Notably, internal auditors are responsible for mitigating potential risks cause by non-conformances. This type of assessment training is vital for any business aiming to achieve ISO compliance and reduce errors; if the process for accidents or mistake is observed and logged during an internal audit, your company can take necessary measures to prevent it from happening.
What are the benefits of internal auditor training?
A properly trained internal auditor offers many benefits for organisational growth and competency, as training bring enhanced skills and knowledge in assessing risks, planning audits, and compiling information for auditing reports. As a result, conducting an internal audit of your business can become a much more professional, straightforward process. It displays credibility through a commitment to personal development and evidence of competence. Other notable benefits are:
- Improved audit quality: It is self-evident that training and audit quality directly correlate. Having an employee trained to conduct internal audits means your organisation can continue to comply with ISO requirements, decreasing the likelihood of legal implications and non-conformance.
- Job satisfaction: Upon being provided with new challenges and opportunities for progression, internal auditors may find more job satisfaction after training. They may better understand their roles and responsibilities, leading to better job performance and self-fulfilment. Staff responsible for conducting internal auditors will have more confidence in their work, knowing that their business has a quality advantage that sets it apart from others in their industry.
- Recognition: Internal auditors’ enhanced knowledge and competency, informed by up-to-date training, will likely be well-received by clients and colleagues, creating wonders for self-development and personal reputation.
- Risk management: Internal auditor training equips employees with the skills and knowledge to identify potential risks and hazards in the workplace. By proactively addressing these issues, businesses can prevent accidents, injuries, and costly legal battles.
- Reduced costs: Internal auditor training helps employees identify inefficiencies and areas where the business can improve its processes. By streamlining processes, businesses can save time and reduce costs associated with waste or unnecessary steps.
I’m interested in internal auditor training
Internal auditors are key players in any expansion, adherence, or certification process. While their service goes beyond solely ISO certification, enlisting their assistance can provide immeasurable organisational and reputational benefits. In any period of business growth, it’s vital to ensure that the internal processes and controls support the development. Internal auditors can make this process simple by conduction necessary audits and assessments to adhere to these standards.
If you are interested in internal auditor training with IMSM, get in touch with our team today to start your ISO journey.
For a free Quotation or On-Site presentation by an ISO Specialist, contact us today!
The Gig House
Wiltshire SN16 9AX