You may think that ISO 50001 is just for large companies but small organisations are also achieving big savings.
ISO 50001 is the international standard for Energy Management Systems (EnMS). It is applicable to any organisation whatever the size, industry or location to manage their energy, including procurement and use. ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement; which is also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
According to the US Department Of Energy, small buildings account for almost half of the overall energy use and have the potential to save approximately 30 billion US dollars annually. This can be done by taking small measures such as gaining ISO 50001; there are many benefits to this standard:
- Increases your energy efficiency performance, productivity and compliance
- Develops a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Helps manage risks surrounding future energy supply
- Cuts energy bills, and add the savings to your bottom line
- Builds and support your reputation as a company with good environmental credentials
- Promotes best practice in energy management through your supply chain, leading to improved stakeholder relationships with customers, suppliers and investors
- Uses data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Continually improves energy management
For more information please visit: http://www.imsm.com/gb/iso-50001/